Wednesday, April 8, 2009

finally...!

yay!
I finally got a shipment for my daughter's mobile today :)
I had been waiting for it for a looooooong time!
When I was looking for a pattern/how-to on baby mobiles,
I came across withthis how-to by Lupin.
As soon as I saw it, I was in love with it,
and knew this was the one for my daughter.

I went felt shopping at a local fabric store and got some nice colored felts.
Originally, I was going to use beads from my beading stash
instead of felt balls used in the how-to.
But, they were way too small for the project,
and I really liked how it looked with the felt balls.

So, decided to go on Etsy for felt ball hunting.
Found some sellers, but got these nice colored ones from feltgirlsupplies.
I was so excited when I saw the package in the mail box.
I FINALLY can finish it!!!!
Cutting out the butterflies was a quite time consuming repetitive work!
especially because I decided to double them.
but I managed :)
My original plan was to use interface yearn running in between two butterflies,
but I changed my mind and stitched them together, just like the how-to.
I think it was the right choice
- it adds a bit more 'handmade feel' to it and now they actually look like flying!
Sewing the balls and butterflies was a bit of work out too.
I didn't have the right needle and yearn was a bit too thick for the eye of the needle I used.

But in the end,


I am quite happy with how it turned out :)

and so is she :)!

No comments: