Friday, November 18, 2011

finished & published! -burdastyle book-

a couple days ago I received an exciting package in the mail.
it was from Burdastyle.

there enclosed my coat & the newly published book.
so happy and excited to see the finished product!!!
 here are a few of my favorites from the book that other book contributors made.
 blouse alternation by Novita.
 dress variations from Jen and Natasha.
 kids size from Oliver + S.
bag alternation by Layla.
 and,,, here is my coat!

 I was also a bit sad that for the most of the members' creations,
there was no detailed photos or write-ups...
I'm sure they(we) spent a lot of time and did a great hard work.
so, seeing only a tiny photo in the book was a bit, errrr, disappointing.
(well, "unfortunate" might be more of an appropriate word! actually) 
at the same time, I know if they were to talk about every single person's work, 
the book would have been five times thicker, if not more.
 so, that is understandable... 

anyhow, here are a couple more photos of my coat!
sadly enough, it is not going to fit me this winter
after having had to wait for a year and a half to get my coat back...
my huge belly is peeking out and saying hello to the world out there :I
hehe

it will be awesome if other members also post more photos of their own version,
and how-to on making the variation!



9 comments:

Natasha Jane said...

It is too bad that they didn't have more details about your coat because that bow on the back is so cute! Thanks for sharing and great work!

verypurpleperson said...

Oooh it's the first time I see the blouse I made in the book! Thank you! I can't wait to see the book.
Your coat is gorgeous, I love that the hood has brim!

jen said...

Your coat is SO cute! Love all the details and agree it would have been fun to see more than just a teeny little photo. Can't wait to get my book...I think I'm the only person without it so far!

JessD said...

Love this coat! Would have loved a how-to in the book.

satomi said...

わ~!コート詳しく載せてくれてありがとう☆
まだこの本見てないけど、沢山作品が載ってるんだろうね。
でも詳しい写真はないんだねー
コートなんて、とーーーっても大作なのに、しょんぼりだね><
ギャザーが沢山入ってて可愛い~^^
ウール地にギャザー。お疲れさまでした!

おなか大きくなったね~
もうすぐご出産かな?楽しみにしてるね。

Hilla Hryniszyn said...

your coat is gorgeous
sewing handbook has really amazing stuff
check out my art
follow me if you like me :)
inveiglefair.blogspot.com

theperfectnose said...

Yea I was a bit disappointed that all the stuff that really interested me (the variations) had no descriptions or how to. XP
PS can you install disqus or something similar please? OpenID doesn't work for non-Google users and I'd really like to comment without having to enter all my details everytime and do the horrible recaptcha word recognition thing.

Fickle Sense said...

Congrats on the published coat. How many people can say that they have a handmade item of there own published? Not too many! Even if it is a small image, it is still quite the accomplishment. Nice work:)

Sarah said...

I love your coat too! Could you lead the way and be the first to post a how-to/tutorial on your blog? I am a bit disappointed with the book as i prefer the variations to the patterns but really don't know how to make them. Any advice on altering patterns? My favourite dress is n7 just like you and i am addicted to japanese sewing books too! Just spent 2 hours reading your blog and feel like we have a lot in common!