Tuesday, March 31, 2009

amigurumi

We are trying to minimize the amount of plastic in our household.
We want to create an Eco-conscious & friendly home and life.
It is very hard to find good quality everything, though, made with wood, quality metal and glass just like the old days. Sadly, everything is made with plastic these days...

We don't want to give our daughter any plastic toys either.
which means, NO BARBIE DOLLS for her!
Instead, give her toys made out of natural materials like wood, fabric and paper.

I am making her a felt baby mobile.
I had to order some materials and can't go further without them...
Can't wait to finish it up, and I will post it here as soon as I finish it!

Also, I found these cute stuffed animals, called 'AMIGURUMI'.
They are knitted and/or crocheted.
So super cute !

Since I don't knit or chroche (I don't have patience for them!),
I am thinking of getting one for our daughter :)
Well, I don't think she is quite ready to start playing with dolls, but soon she will be!


Here are some of my favorites I found on Etsy.


Seahorses by hansigurumi.


Enchanted Wood Fawn by GourmetAmigurumi.

Anton by AYMK.




No comments: