Monday, December 21, 2009

1, 2, 3,,,, butter tarts!

sniff sniff

hmmmmmmmmm
I can smell the yummy butter tarts in the oven!





I made the pie dough last night after little L went to sleep.
and this afternoon, made the filling.

this recipe, which my mother in-law taught me, for filling is so easy to remember.
it goes like this - 1, 2, 3!

1 cup butter
2cups brown sugar
3 eggs

often it makes me confused which number for which ingredients,
but when you think about it, it makes a total sense!
butter is pretty expensive, so it is used only 1 cup.
eggs are what is making the filling thick and biding it together, so they have to be 3.
and what's left is brown sugar, 2!
just melt the butter and sugar in a pot at low heat, and add the eggs beaten.
stir until it is well mixed, and remove from heat.
if you like, add some raisins and pecans after you pore it into the shells.


they are the perfect holiday baking!

Christmas = Butter Tarts

:)

No comments: