Wednesday, December 2, 2009

cookies!

my husband has been working away from home for over three months now.
he still comes back on the weekends, but it is still hard to maintain our lives like this...
it seems like this will continue to be like this till the mid February or March...
{{sigh}}
I can't believe for some families it is 'normal' that fathers working away, and they only get see him every few months or so...
Hope this is not going to become our 'normal'.




anyhow,
Sundays are really busy for me.
I cook a few things for my husband to take for his lunches for the week,
which takes me a whole afternoon.
this week I made winter roasted beef, squash soup, potato salad, and baked some cookies.


these cookies are one of my favourites to bake.
they are so easy and quick!
simple ingredients and taste soooooo goooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddd :)


the recipe is originally from Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon,

(we highly recommend this nutrition/cook book!)
and I arrange it a little bit.


here is my version of her cashew orange cookies
[ORANGE ALMOND COOKIE]
1 1/2c almond flour/meal
1/2c spelt or kamut flour
1/2c arrowroot starch flour
1/2c rapadura sugar
1/2c butter(room temp)
1 tsp vanilla
a pinch of salt
grated rind of 1 orange
just put all the ingredients above in a bowl, and mix with hand until it holds together.
roll the dough into a golfball-sized balls, and flatten them by hand.
bake at 300 degrees for 15 - 20 min until it browns the bottoms and edges.
*you can change the ratio of spelt/kamut flour and arrowroot starch. it just needs to be a total of 1c.
put more of spelt/kamut flour in, if you like it heavy
or, put more of arrowroot starch in, if you like them to be light and crispy


Bon appetit :)
they are so perfect for the holiday season, too!



No comments: