Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Marie, an old lady

before my motivation for creativity fades away,
I managed to whip up the Marie skirt.
I had been wanting to try this pattern for quite some time now.
I had this curtain thrifted about a month ago, and thought it would be perfect for Marie.
it is a very quick and easy project that can be done in an hour or less.
of course it took me a bit longer because I had to wait for my daughter to wake up from her nap.
I was patiently waiting on using a sewing machine because my craft corner is just right by the bed.
she usually naps for an hour or so, but that day she slept for more than two hours. of course!
I couldn't hold myself back any longer, and started sewing anyway.
well, she didn't wake up till I was half way done!


when I showed my husband this fabric(curtain) from a thrift store,
he immediately said it was very old lady like, and how much I like stuff that are old lady style.
okay, I admit it,,, yes I do! I do love old lady things!!

anyhow, the skirt turned out pretty, I think.


I think this pattern will also be cute as a bottom part of a dress as I've seen some of Burdastyle members have tried.
like these:




I also have a little more than half of the fabric left.
maybe, I can squeeze a dress out of the leftover fabric??
a vintage 50's style dress would be perfect!
don't you think?



4 comments:

Ophelia.K said...

Wow, I LOVE the skirt and the fabric! You're right, the fabric is just for this pattern!

Old lady used to be young before you know, so maybe you just like a retro style!:D Sounds better?


Anyway, I am glad that your daughter is now coming back! Also nice to see your creativity!

EmilyKate said...

I looooooooove it! I love anything 'granny chic'- that's the term, not old-lady-like ;o)
Could you make some kind of very simple sleeveless 'shell' top to got with it? I can picture a sort of retro-y look, getting a pattern for such a top shouldn't be too hard I wouldn't think!

::HARUNA:: said...

>Ophelia.k
thanks :)
haha I don't mind my hubby hurrasing me loving the old lady style, though!
I made a few dresses too, but have not been motivated to take some photos.... I should get my lazy butt of and just do it! agh

::HARUNA:: said...

>EmilyKate
thanks for the comment and following my blog!
yeah, I was just thinking about that shell top idea, actually! I think I could also draft a simple bodice by myself(shouldn't be that hard!?).